Pure & Natural Mango Butter (Mangifera indica L.)
Sourced from India
Derived and wild harvested from the Jungles in India. Mango butter is an exotic skin softening and soothing moisturizer that is great alone or as an ingredient in hair and skincare products. The texture is creamy, rich, and emollient that melts on contact with the skin. The butter has little to no scent and is highly effective in nourishing and moisturizing the skin. This product has been naturally refined through filtering with natural ingredients (clay), not treated with harsh chemicals or solvents.
Best suited for use in body care products, such as body butters, creams, balms, hair conditioners, and salves.
Melting Point 86F
Available in 2 ounces, 8 ounces, and 16 ounces BPA-free plastic containers.
Mango butter is extracted from the de-shelled fruit kernel of the mango tree. Once the mango butter is extracted, it is heated up and gently naturally processed to get the right consistency. The resulting butter resembles cocoa butter and has a slightly sweet scent. It is semi-solid at room temperature and melts on contact with the skin.
Mango butter is rich on oleic acid and stearic acid. The fatty acids acts as emollients that soften and soothe the skin and hair. It has a high oxidative ability, wound healing and regenerative activity. It is high in antioxidants and Vitamins A, C and E.
Mango butter has similar qualities as shea and cocoa butter but it’s higher fatty acid content makes it a more intensive moisturizer. It has a lighter feel than shea butter, so if you find shea butter too heavy, give mango butter a try.
The main fatty acids present in Mango butter are:
- Oleic: 46%
- Stearic: 44%
- Palmitic: 5.5%
- Linoleic: 6,0%
- Aracinidic 3.0%
There are many benefits of Mango Butter:
- Mango butter soothes and softens the skin. It offers protective effects against UV radiation and helps with rashes, insect bites, eczema and skin irritations. Mango butter helps heal and protect the skin from damage caused by sunburn and frostbite.
- Due to it’s high antioxidant content, mango butter is anti-aging. Triterpenes present in mango butter help heal and prevent aging of the skin, reduces the look of lines and wrinkles and helps keep your skin healthy. Mango butter is especially excellent for anyone with dry skin.
- helps restore the skins protective barrier, replaces lost moisture, and repairs dry skin
- antiseptic, healing and soothing
- It protects the hair and scalp from sun damage and keeps hair looking healthy by reducing breakage and dryness
- prevents moisture loss in hair
- makes hair soft
- imparts shine to hair
- restores damaged cuticle