Raw African Unrefined Handcrafted Ivory Shea Butter
This butter has been filtered in large batches through a strainer and cloth. This is 100% raw and unrefined product and will still have the coloring and scent of the Shea butter.
Raw Ethos has sought out to support a women owned Shea butter co-op, located in a small village of Northern Ghana. By purchasing your Shea butter from Raw Ethos you can rest assured that you are contributing to building a community and empowering women through your purchase of this quality product.
Shea butter has many uses:
- It can be used as an all-natural hair conditioner, moisturizer, and makeup remover, or as a treatment for burns, cuts, scrapes, sunburns, and diaper rash.
- Shea butter may also help treat skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis
Available in 2 ounce, 8 ounce, or 16 ounce BPA-free plastic containers.
Shea butter is made from the nuts of a Karite tree which grows in the wild in West Africa. The trees take 50 years to mature and can live for 300 years. The trees are often protected from destruction due to its importance for food, medicine, and employment for many African women who make the Shea butter. Shea butter is excellent for the skin and body. Some benefits of Shea butter include:
- Used to help heal burns, sores, scars, dermatitis, psoriasis, dandruff, and stretch marks
- May also help diminish wrinkles by moisturizing the skin, promoting cell renewal, and increasing circulation
- Shea butter also contains cinnamic acid, a substance that helps protect the skin from harmful UV rays
- The high fatty acid content of shea butter also makes it an excellent additive to soap, shampoos, anti-aging creams, cosmetics, lotions, and massage oils—its soft, butter-like texture melts readily into the skin
- Shea butter protects the skin from both environmental and free-radical damage. It contains vitamins A and E, and has demonstrated both antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties
The key to Shea butter’s benefits is the unrefined, raw state of the butter. While you can buy Shea butter online or at many health food stores, it’s important to ensure that it is 100% raw and unrefined. Unrefined Shea butter is superior in that it retains all its natural vitamins, especially vitamin A and vitamin E.
Shea butter is not recommended for people with nut or latex allergies.